09 October 2006

big ben



big ben, london
medium: watercolour
Size: A3

They have been sitting too long in their little space
eagerly waiting for lights off and music starts
Paints of different shades swim with each other
to become pools of romantic hues

Lemon yellow shyly invites hooker's green
to dance against that forestry summer green
I love the way cobalt blue romances alizarin crimson
to present a purple one can only see when weaving dreams

I wish the sky is always a blend of ultramarines
with a feathery touch of cerulean blue
at the spot a young cloud is waiting for her love

Oh the brush mistook poor vermillion for burnt sienna!
Who is constantly forgotten as others always outshine her
and now badly covered in a coat of brown algae
I see why cobalt violet prefers her solitude
since her dates always turn out bad

Some say the results are childlike
while others say they spell loneliness
I say they are simply me
and the products of my nonchalance

No comments: